« Home | Perfect Book Reading Combo » | Pathway to CISA » | Yudhistira Kobong » | A Bridge to Terabithia » | Pesta Buku: Semoga Benar-Benar Pesta » | Jakarta International School » | A Simple but Meaningful Touch » | Another Satisfying Amazon.com Experience » | Thank God it's Friday @ the Net » | Pong »

Digital Book Reading

I’m a bit left behind, I know. I’ve just starting to enjoy the ability to read e-Books on my PDA Phone. Well, it all begins when I started downloading some manuscripts and books I found on the Internet (the unlimited well of knowledge!) a few weeks ago. While not the first time I read a book on my PDA, this is indeed the first time I to read it because I want to read it on the PDA.

The first book I read completely on my PDA happens to be The Da Vinci Code, back in the beginning of this year. Frankly, I read it not because it was solemnly my interest of the book. It was basically, well, because the flood which separates me from the old-fashioned printed books I owned. I happen to own a copy of that book incidentally on the PDA. So, I read it mostly because I have nothing else to readL. It was quite enjoyable as a redemption as not having a book to read.

But now, I’m reading books on the PDA solemnly because I want it! And what an enjoyable experience it is, to have the ability to bring a huge amount of books in a pocket (my PDA stores several books: fictions, non-fictions, biography, business books, IT Audit books, and even comics). Combined with printed books I bring everywhere, now it is a mobile library. No more backache when I have to bring several books to vary my reading during a trip.

Is it a sign that I will have to change my book-buying programs to cover a wider scope of bookstores? Gramedia, Gunung Agung, QB World, Aksara, and Kinokuniya are every-month must-visit stores. Amazon.com, I have bought several printed books there. But now, maybe I have to broaden up my Amazon.com experience not just to buy printed books, but the digital ones too. Who knows?