« Home | A Simple but Meaningful Touch » | Another Satisfying Amazon.com Experience » | Thank God it's Friday @ the Net » | Pong » | Kebebasan Pers? Tidak Ada Kebebasan Pers di Indone... » | Kebebasan Pers? Tidak Ada Kebebasan Pers di Indone... » | A Leader’s Legacy » | Experiential Dining » | Penghormatan Terakhir Sebagai Penghinaan Terakhir » | Idealisme dan Komunitas »

Jakarta International School

Last Saturday, I have myself visiting Jakarta International School in Cilandak. One word about the school: WOW! According to the staff I met there, the complex stood on an area of 34 hectares—an area with a really green environment thanks to the trees they have there, a very tidy area with some sports field, and nicely designed buildings. Not to forget those friendly staffs they have. And when I entered one of the classes, I find myself in a spacious room with an amphitheater. Looking around, I noticed the variety of books and teaching equipment they have in the class. What a stimulating environment to have yourself filled with education!

Departing from the school, I think a lot of Indonesian education. Remembering my elementary school back in Dumai and comparing it to this school; comparing the schools we have in many rural areas with the poorly built facilities versus this “dream-school”. If only every school in Indonesia can afford to be like this one, with those professionally trained staffs, I’m sure the face of Indonesia now won’t be so scarred.

It’s solemnly up to us whether to reason on condition or to look forward and heal those scars for a better future.