« Home | Experiential Dining » | Penghormatan Terakhir Sebagai Penghinaan Terakhir » | Idealisme dan Komunitas » | Quo Vadis Penerbitan Indonesia » | Satu Lagi Alasan Saya Tidak Respek pada Infotainment » | Blogging? » | People Should Not Be Afraid Of Their Governments » | Pemimpin yang Menipu » | Teater Koma dan Regenerasi Organisasi » | Hukuman »

A Leader’s Legacy

Most of my friends (including me), will always “hate” March 30th 2007. It is the day of where one of our leader will leave us for he will work in another company—our holding company to be exact.

Compared to previous experiences of having to part from a leader, this is one of the most emotional experiences. I don’t know how, in just about one year, I learn so much from this figure. I do not find the management-by-fear experience from him, a practice done by so many leaders in Indonesia. I learn to respect him based on his humanity, not solemnly on his organizational position. I think it will be a fair statement to say that all of my colleagues really appreciate his doings while in my organization. How he had tried to do what he can do for the sake of all of us.

A leader’s legacy is what he had done for his organization, for his people. Not what his organization, what his peoples have done for him.